Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am not a pirate.

I picked up a bottle of Essie Smooth Sailing from the Braziliant Summer 2011 collection at Kmart on whim. Can I just say how glad I am that I did? It is so pretty, both in the bottle and on the nail, that I couldn't stop staring at it.

Smooth Sailing is a color somewhere between cornflower blue and ceil, with microglitter that flashes pink and turquoise. The formula flows onto the nail well, and is very well pigmented and opaque at two coats, and it performed fantastically, lasting me well over a week without a single chip and virtually no tipwear.

















This is two coats of Smooth Sailing topped with N.Y.C. in a Minute Grand Central Station quick dry topcoat.

I like this polish so much I'd actually like to have a second backup bottle, but when I went back to the Kmart where I found it they'd completely sold out of this collection. Since then I've been checking drugstores to no avail...sigh. Essie polishes retail for $7.99, if you decide to get it may you have better luck finding a bottle than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment